We’re excited to announce that we rolled out a huge update to Flter early this morning! Thanks to our amazing community we’ve squashed a ton of bugs and received some great feedback. Flter will automatically update when it’s connected to power and internet. If you’ve chosen to turn this feature off you can manually perform the update to install the latest firmware.
- Incorrect configuration/password dialog for custom VPN locations
- Instead of general OpenVPN configurations we now do specific provider . configurations. (Private Internet Access, Nord VPN, IP Vanish)
- Update bug fixed
- Update page update button will only update if an update is available
- Added advanced tab
- Ability to change DNS server in advanced tab
- Abilitey to change router’s IP address in advanced tab
- Ability to see MAC address and firmware version in advanced tab
- Ability to see OpenVPN, L2TP, and Syslogs in advanced tab -> logs
- General bug fixes and UI improvements
Getting Flter into the hands of our backers has been hugely beneficial to us. We are a still a very small team, but the input from our backers has helped us to rapidly deploy updates. It is because of this we’re are proud to announce our plans for a beta program that will enable community members to receive early access to new software and hardware down the line.
Version 2 of the Flter Router app will be released soon. Version 2 includes a fully native application for both iOS and Android. The new app will connect to the Flter device faster and be much more reliable.
Improvements to our VPN infrastructure, faster servers and more locations.
The release of our mobile VPN client and version 2 of our desktop VPN client.