Adding an OpenVPN connection to Flter
- Determine the type of OpenVPN configuration that you have. Flter currently supports the following three types of configurations:
- Inline Configs (Everything in one .ovpn file)
- Certificate Authority + Certificate + Key + OpenVPN Config (.ca file, 2 .crt files and a .ovpn file)
- Certificate Authority + CRL + OpenVPN Config (.ca file, .pem file, .ovpn file)
Your VPN provider will determine which configuration you use with Flter.
- From the homepage of your local account, select VPN -> New -> OpenVPN -> (Config type determined by Step 1).
- Enter a nickname for your configuration.
- If the configuration requires a username and a password, enter the credentials into the optional username and password fields.
- You will then need to upload the necessary files in the following input fields (clicking the plus icon will open a File Explorer window for you to select the appropriate file for upload):
If Inline Config is being used, then only a .ovpn file provided by your VPN provider will need to be uploaded.
If Certificate + Certificate Authority + Key + OVPN is being used, then the following files will need to be uploaded:
The file names will vary from VPN provider to VPN provider but the file extensions will remain the same.
If Certificate Authority + CRL + OVPN is being used, then the following files will need to be uploaded:
Please note that the file names will vary from VPN provider to VPN provider, but the file extensions will remain the same.
- Click “Save.”
- You will then be redirected to the VPN page, and you will see your custom configuration added to the list of VPN servers.
- Click on the new server to turn the configuration on.